<VV> Fuel pump issues

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat May 28 15:06:55 EDT 2011

_chartzel at comcast.net_ (mailto:chartzel at comcast.net)   writes:

By the  way I have nothing against electric pumps, they sure help fill the
carb  bowls before starting but then I shut it off and drove on the
mechanical  pump.

If you have an electric pump that can be "pulled through" - (Most,  but not
all, can) you could install the pump up underneath the front floor  boards.
It could even be a solid, non-cushioned, no sound deadened installation
(noise is the bane of the front-mounted pump). Then use a momentary-on
spring-loaded toggle or push-button switch to activate it, and use it only to
pre-prime the standard pump when needed. Sitting for a few weeks, hot day hot
start vapor issues, things like that. If your standard pump is 99%, there is
no  reason to listen to that drone from under the floorboards if you don't
have  to.

-Seth Emerson