<VV> Speedo pain

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Tue Nov 1 15:36:55 EDT 2011

Thanks -- I am pretty sure the rear is OK as the odo is spot-on (I
drive 3 miles my GPS and my odo turns 3 miles).  But, your info is
very helpful.  I think that perhaps it passes through the gear first
and then insert into the speedo ... which means I could have a cable
problem.  I am get a known good used cable to try before I go through
the enormous pain of swapping the speedo (I hate that job).  Eric

At 06:11 PM 10/31/2011, Bryan Blackwell wrote:
>As I recall, the speedo input has a pair of magnets driven directly
>by the cable, the needle is attached to a cup that fits over the
>magnets.  The odo is driven by a gear off the shaft that spins the magnets.
>
>On an early, there is a gear in the diff, you might also make sure
>that end is seating properly too.
>
>--Bryan
>
>On Oct 31, 2011, at 5:32 PM, Eric S. Eberhard wrote:
>
> > Which would imply a cable not seating ... but two of them?  That is
> > why I want to know if the cable is driving one thing and gears then
> > go to both the odo and speed (making it the head unit) or if two
> > things are spun, one to the odo and one to the speedo ... and if the
> > odo is first I could be back to a cable seating problem.

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

For pictures:  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

(You can see why we love this state :-) )