<VV> speedo lube

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 1 16:49:50 EDT 2011

what you use is not nearly as important as doing it -- graphite might be
the lube of choice if one drives in sub-zero temps, but all I've ever
used (in our moderate climate) is grease -- aerosol white grease sprayed
down into the cable housing and light chassis grease on the full length
of the cable (messy job - blob of grease on a rag in your hand as you
reinsert the cable) .

graphite will still let the cable "rattle".

and, if one is only slightly adventurous, take your speedo head apart
far enough to add a few drops of very light machine oil.  before you
have to send it to Fred or Palto Alto Speedo (if you want to spend with
the Big Boys).

Bill Strickland