<VV> Is 'straight weight' oil BETTER or just sufficient (and easier to find) ? (was Corvair Tall Tales)

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 00:24:27 EDT 2011

Gents. Read Richards oil paper. The corvair engine was designed around
a straight wt 30 oil, as a minimum standard. It was the prevelant oil
of the time. Multi-grades work better because they provide lubrication
faster on startup when most wear happens. The recommended multi-grades
exceed the 30wt minimum standard in every way. Mark Durham

Sent from my Windows Phone From: Charles Lee