<VV> seat belt install

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Nov 2 02:00:51 EDT 2011

In a message dated 11/1/2011 8:34:48 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
corvairgrymm at gmail.com writes:

On the  other hand if I had any desire to install a center console I'd
simply  install stronger mounting points for the inboard belt ends =)

Ray  R.

Ray - I don't think it is a strength issue. The problem is the location.
When incorrectly connected to the same-side seat belt mount, the  seat belt
system has inadequate fore/aft restraint for the rider. In  an accident, the
belt which is now installed "around" the seat and driver will  "straighten
out" on the sides, letting the rider move forward too far. Not  through the
windshield, but perhaps into the dash and most certainly, depending  only on
the seats location, into the steering wheel. With the inside belt  secured
across the cars centerline it is designed to rotate a bit under  impact,and
provide better fore-aft restraint. If you decide to install  better belts.
keep their performance in mind.

Seth Emerson