<VV> Why "crossed" lap belts?

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 2 22:34:05 EDT 2011

Well, you sent me looking for a '65 Owners Guide.  YOU ARE CORRECT that
there is no mention of using the belt half which is anchored behind the
opposite seat.  This may not be the original guide to this car (no protecto
plate in the back), but based in it's condition it probably is and it does
say "First Edition" on the Table of Contents page.

So, I have to take back my earlier words that the '65 booklet would say the
same thing that is in the '66 booklet.  Maybe a long forgotten law suit
caused the change in wording from '65 to '66?  We'll probably never know the
answer to that question.

Does anyone have (if it exists) a Second Edition of the '65 owner guide?
Page 19 discusses seat belts.

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110