<VV> typical idle vacuum reading?

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 00:48:51 EDT 2011

Yep, I know it'd only pressurize the crank case if it is blowby, I just
didn't have any past experience to make a real comparison of what I was
getting in the way of crank case pressure.  My guess was that the pressure
would build up enough to push oil out the dipstick tube eventually no
matter what condition the engine was in (if the PCV is plugged), it's just
a matter of how long and I'd never done it on another car for comparison.
Also I didn't really pay very close attention to how long it took to happen.

This engine was also overheated pretty good (by Missy) once around two
years ago.  I'm hoping I can just re-ring it but don't know how likely that
is.

Ray R.