<VV> PG starter free spin

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 5 17:59:17 EDT 2011

It's the Bendix...

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Ramon Rodriguez III
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2011 3:05 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> PG starter free spin

My 63 PG coupe has been giving a symptom I've seen on PG Corvairs many
times before and I was hoping someone could tell me exactly what causes
it.  The problem is that sometimes when you twist the key the starter spins
without engaging the ring gear.  Let off the key and twist it again and it
works.

I assumed that the problem was just a matter of lubrication so I took the
starter out and cleaned and lubed everything, but really there was no sign
of trouble before I started so I'm not sure I fixed it.

Thanks,

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA