<VV> WWI Vet - Oldest Driver

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Nov 6 11:22:40 EST 2011

This reminds me of when my father at 92 had a stay in the hospital for a
week. The discharge social worker was filling in forms and said "of
course he doesn't drive" to which I responded that he drove the day he
was brought into the hospital.

Or the time when a checkout person was discussing fake IDs and said she
rejected one because it had a birth date of 1915 (this would have been
in 2007). I asked how she knew that was a bad birth date. She said
"because he didn't look dead".  I informed her that dad was born in 1915
and he looked great. I don't think she believed me!

Dad's aunt lived to 104, but did not drive. She never did drive that I
knew of.

Dad was one of the few people of his age that was not a veteran. He
spent WWII making armaments at the Richmond Foundry.

He passed away in ,late 2007.

Corvair content. He owned a 1961 500 sedan for a few years, but only
because I was already into them. Rusty but great running 80 hp 38K mile car.

Frank DuVal