<VV> 64 turbo acceleration issues

Kurt Guttensohn rizakoyt at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 08:48:50 EST 2011

Ok,  Thanks for everyones input so far.  Here is what I am going to try:

For the dribbling gas after shutoff
1.  install a fuel pressure regulator and gauge.  I will probably have to order one.  Anybody have suggestions.
I had a cheap'o regulator on there that I removed because the car wouldn't start with it on and wide open any more.
- I do have a return line, that seems to be functioning well.

For the stumbling during acceleration
1.  Try replacing the Pertronix setup with a spare setup I have.
2.  If that does not work, I will dig up the old points and condensor and try that.
3.  Check the accelerator pump.  Only about 1 year old, but it could still be an issue.