<VV> Towing with a Corvair

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Thu Nov 10 10:59:16 EST 2011

I have a JC Whitney tow bar which has "S"-shaped clamps which attach to a
bumper and cast bumper clamps bolted directly to the bar. The S-shaped
clamps are held by chains and an eye bolt up thru upper cast piece. Two legs
to hitch are adustable sideways and there is a locking cross piece to keep
the legs apart and fixed.. Once all is secure and set up, bolts are
tightened. Doesn't damage chrome bumpers like Corvairs and FC's. Towed all
over US with it.
You may be able to find one on Criag's list, eBay, etc and JC W may even
still sell them. A net search might turn up something similar.

Chuck S