<VV> Gordonsville VA Veterans' Day parade

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 10 19:55:20 EST 2011

 To all our Vets........THANKS FOR THE SERVICE...WE DID WHAT WE HAD TO .

Chris,
You bet we do. Veteran's Day is to honor all who have served. Parades,
ceremonies. Many restaurants offer special deals on meals. I'll be taking a
friend of mine, a wounded 101st Airborne Captain, with me for one of these
deals. She is a qualified (14 jumps) paratrooper combat nurse badly injured in
Iraq while on patrol with her soldiers. Honorable discharge after 10 years in
the Army.

 She will never completely recover from her wounds and still has very bad dreams
of her experience. She now lives with us, as my wife and I can help at least one
veteran who almost gave it all.

 PS today is the US Marines birthday (1775)

 MIKE KOVACS EX USAF Crew Chief