<VV> Towing with a Corvair

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 11 00:46:43 EST 2011

The 1 thing no one has mentioned on this (long) post Ray is the law. In California (my home for 45 years) and in Colorado (my home for 6 years) any vehicle that touches a road or highway MUST be currently registered and insured. I suspect many if not every other state has the same laws. I can't remember an inexpensive Corvair I have bought that was either. My favorite method to tow is with my dual axle open car trailer that I tow with a 2003 Ford F150 short bed. It has electric trailer brakes that work quite well coming down Wolf Creek Pass (from 11,500 elevation to 7,000 feet in 9 miles) in SW Colorado. This pass has 2 runaway truck ramps. I just prefer to drive slowly down it, regardless of what I am driving. And I don't ride the brakes due to them overheating.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301