<VV> O/T Re: Gordonsville VA Veterans' Day parade

Christopher Gallagher chris.gallagher at ozemail.com.au
Fri Nov 11 07:57:09 EST 2011

Thanks Ray, Mike and Matt for your explanations.  I was confusing Remembrance Day with Memorial Day in May which explains why I was a bit puzzled about the veterans' parade.  We have our main veterans' memorial parade on ANZAC day, which is 25 April, the day the first ANZACS landed at Galipolli.  We mark Armistice Day by a minute's silence at 11.00am, no parades.  While I have never been in the military myself, I think it is important that we all remember the sacrifices our soldiers have made for us.  I still have my father's medals from WW2.

Chris Gallagher
Canberra Australia