<VV> Flat Towing

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Fri Nov 11 08:41:50 EST 2011

I seemed to have spawned this "Towing" thread when I asked Pete how he liked
towing with his El Camino.  By the way, I still think the 69 El Camino is
one of the most beautiful vehicles the General ever made.

Now for guys like Pete, Seth and others who have contributed greatly to this
thread, comes another question that has plagued me for some time.  I have
read that unlike conventional Chevys from the 60's, that the Corvair PG
actually fares better when flat-towed than the manual shifts.  Something to
do with the main shaft cluster in the transmission not getting enough oil
and there was even a recommendation that you stop periodically to run the
engine for a few minutes to circulate oil.

How about some real world experience?

Thanks,
Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY