<VV> Towing unregistered Corvairs in California

Charles Lee chaz at properproper.com
Fri Nov 11 14:51:47 EST 2011

In California, towing unregistered Corvairs, or any cars for that matter, on
the road is illegal if the wheels touch a public road.

The wheels of an un registered vehicle (or a vehicle registered as "non-op")
CANNOT TOUCH THE GROUND of any public road in California, and maybe other
states ?

If an unregistered or "non-op" vehicle is moved, it MUST use a flatbed or
similar method.

To shuffle my Corvair in an out of my single-lane driveway, even for just a
moment, can incur a big $$$ fine, plus registration fees, from the time the
vehicle was last registered, plus applicable late $$$ fees.

Of course, that only happens if you are caught, which is probably why it's
so expensive when they DO catch someone?  I think that theory applies pretty
much to all fines?

Charlie