<VV> Towingr

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Nov 11 09:37:09 EST 2011

Same here, towed many a non-registered car with a tow bar or tow dolly
in VA & MD over the past 35 years. Just tried to do nothing stupid.
Sometimes didn't work out that way. But still no legal trouble.

While towing a '56 Pontiac, in a neighborhood, one side of the tow bar
came loose, almost sideswiping the parked cars. This was near the end of
a 25 mile tow.

While towing a Corvair LM with my work van ('62 95 w/ jalousie windows)
and tow bar, the Corvair tried to pass me going down a hill at 40 mph.

While towing a '50 Jeepster with tow bar that had rolled over, someone
had to sit in it and keep the wheels straight, as they kept turning hard
right.

I like borrowing a truck and trailer instead of flat towing.

But you still have to keep your eyes open and drive sensible!

Frank DuVal
Tow bar is homemade, copied a U-Haul version in the 70s. Borrowed by
several club members over the years.