<VV> Corvair Tow Tricks WAS Tow bar pics

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Sat Nov 12 08:11:18 EST 2011

A couple of other thoughts:

The 'Bar' pictured is a good one ... very universal for Corvairs and other steel bumper cars.  It is most important that the Center Bolt in the bar that goes from one arm to the other is very tight.  When loose, the bumper clamps can slip along the bumper and can possibly loosen up or even come off.

When towing WITH a Corvair or other lighter vehicle the length of the bar is important.  The ones pictured will work well but IF a shorter bar becomes available it might be best to pass it by.  Or if somebody is going to home build a 'Bar' it is a good idea to remember size does matter.  The longer bar gives the tow vehicle more lever advantage over the towed vehicle.  This is also true of trailers, longer tongue, more leverage.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.