<VV> Transmission differences?

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 13 07:47:26 EST 2011

Hi guys-
I pulled my motor this weekend and replaced the trans and diff.
I was having trouble getting one of the three the bolts back in that
hold the trans to the front cross member.  I have a late model ('65
Corsa).  Typically I have found in all lates I have ever worked on, that
there are two 9/16" bolts on the passemgers side and one '5/8 bolt on
the drivers side of the front trans cross member.  I finally looked
really closely and the bolt hole where the 5/8" is supposed to be is not
a 5/8" but a 9/16".  After finding a long 9/16"  it's all put back
together.  I've not seen this before.  Was there a difference in the
front mounting bolts at some point in production for the lates?