<VV> Ran when Parked

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Thu Nov 17 12:37:36 EST 2011

>     It just occurred to me that maybe the very disappointing results were
> caused by the lifters being dry, would that cause readings this out of
> whack? > Ray
 Sorry.. it's terminal...
 But just as many come to life just fine...
  Dismantle... clean..inspect and find good used parts to repair...
> Matt Nall...never rebuilt an engine...so far!
===================================
Smitty Says;  I seldom disagree with the junkmeister  on squeezing the last
bit of potential out of a Corvair or it's parts, but I would always run an
engine if it is capable of running before opening it up.Stuck rings, carbon
flakes on valve seats, stuck lifters can come loose after a period of
running.  Generally speaking, what do you stand to lose.  Of course, do fix
the oil leak first.
On the other questions about what will swap with what, I am not in the habit
of telling people to buy a book to get answers, but I strongly suggest you
buy a copy of the Junk Yard Primer to answer your present questions and the
many more to come.   $7 at Clarks