<VV> update and review- engine hesitation (was accel pump adjustandmany others)

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Sun Nov 20 17:38:38 EST 2011

Bill, regarding the leak at the fuel tank /filler connection. I repaired a
'64 convertible with that exact problem last year.
Of course, once the tank and filler tube came out of the car, it became
obvious what the leak-problem was. The rubber
hose section had dissolved right at the junction of the two steel tubes, to
the point that I could see daylight, right through the hose!

The dissolving rubber had to go somewhere and wound up coating the fuel
filter on the pickup tube and was seriously
limiting fuel flow, to the point of causing a lean-knock condition, once the
car got above 45 mph on the freeway. You might have this
same lean-fuel condition contributing to the operational problems you are
experiencing.

So, new filler and vent hoses and a tank fuel filter from Clark's completely
transformed the car, putting it back on the fully operational list!
You might want to put this tank job high on your to-do list and perhaps have
similar results.....

Mel
'65 Monza-based SS replica
Oconomowoc, WI