<VV> water leaks and wet feet

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Nov 24 10:23:33 EST 2011

I haven't seen an answer to your question yet. Maybe you got some off
line responses...

Any seam sealer the auto paint store sells should be fine. Automotive
seam sealer comes in caulking tubes, squeeze tubes, and strips. Some is
"brushable" so you can get that factory look. I have had some in quart cans.

RTV silicone is also good, sometimes hard to get paint to stick for that
stock look.

I had to seal my daughter's 65 coupe windshield in the college parking
lot where it sat. I didn't want to use urethane, as cleanup would have
been difficult. I used 25 year latex caulk from Lowes. It has been over
two years of outdoor use (not a garaged car) and not a leak yet.

So maybe use latex caulk? At least it is water clean up and you can
paint over it!

Flame suit on.

Frank DuVal

Back to cooking turkey