<VV> Oil Pan Gaskets

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Nov 24 10:31:28 EST 2011

I have been buying their rubberized cork for 30 years.

Just make sure to look at the corners of the pan when tightening and
make sure to stop when the gasket starts to ooze out! Who needs a torque
wrench!

Not a fan of weatherstrip cement (gorilla snot). A light coating of an
RTV product, spray of copper gasket sealer, and now that Hi Tack stuff
from Permatex are my products of choice over the years. Not in
combination!, use just one product.

Flat pan, flat pan, flat pan, can't be said enough. That is, flat where
the washered bolts fit. The pan SHOULD have the ridges left in it. These
are designed to apply pressure in spots as the engineers thought needed.

Frank DuVal