<VV> welding up drilled spot welds

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Mon Nov 28 19:00:34 EST 2011

     First let it be known that I'm a lousy welder using a flux core wire
feed (220V) unit.

Dude, just about everybody is!  A flux-core is a welder in the loosest sense
of the term, and a LONG way from being good.  I've got one, it gets used
occasionally (it moves around easier than the MIG).....but not much, and NOT
for anything important.

     How do I go about filling those holes?  Any tips or tricks?
Fortunately all the holes will be behind the bumper and under the
weatherstrip but I'm trying my best to make it a quality repair.

Yep.....either get a MIG or upgrade your flux-core to a MIG.  Puddle the
holes, grind flat with a 4.5, paint!