<VV> Welding up holes from drilled spot welds

gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Tue Nov 29 05:04:58 EST 2011

A friend of mine showed me this trick when we installed a trunk floor in a 67 Dodge drilled out of another car.

He had me hold a piece of brass below the holes whille he welded.
Mainly it was an 8 inch brass drift pin with about a 1 inch head.
I had on a welding glove for protection.
Also used a few other pieces of brass in odd shapes for where I couldn't reach.
The weld would not stick to the brass.

Gary Swiatowy