<VV> Judges for 2012 Concours

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Nov 29 21:26:10 EST 2011

A message from 2012 Convention Concours Chairman Ken Schifftner:

We are in the process of recruiting judges for the Concours d'Elegance
to take place during the 2012 CORSA Convention next July in Sturbridge,
Massachusetts.  We will be needing judges and back-up judges.  Since we
don't know how many vehicles may enter the Concours, we need to have
some extra judges just in case.  Volunteers are needed.

The Concours judges just judge for condition and cleanliness... they do
not judge for originality or any other standard... If you haven't done
this it is a great experience.  You can do it even if you have a car in
the Concours, you just won't be judging your own vehicle or those in
your vehicle's class.

By late December I must send a list of names of potential judges to Don
Wagner who coordinates the judges.  Don then mails a form to these
folks.  This form asks them what areas they might want to judge
(interior, wheels, trim, undercarriage, etc.).  You just fill out the
form and send it back to Don.  Don then sends a return letter to you.

At the Convention, there will be a Judge's Meeting where the details
will be provided.  If you are a novice, you'll be paired with a
"veteran" judge.  You may or may not be called upon to judge... depends
upon the number of vehicles.

If you are interested, please send your name, address, phone number,
email address to me and I'll compile the list for Don.  You can respond
by mail or email, your choice.  Thank you!

Ken Schifftner
210 Indian Hollow Court
Mahwah, NJ 07430
Phone 201-236-0786