<VV> moving vair engine ahead of axle

gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Wed Nov 30 04:58:58 EST 2011

I don't remember the vehicle mentioned at the Buffalo Convention.
But, Ed "Big Daddy" Roth made a mid engined Corvair custom rod called the Road Agent
>From what I was told, how he accomplished this was by putting the differential in upside down.
Of course, there is no evidence of this vehicle actually moving under its own power...........it was a show car.

The transmission remained upright.
At a local event before Roth passed away. A friend of mine asked him how he accomplished mating the oiling holes on the "flipped: differential.
His replay was he jammed wood into the holes to block them off.

There is a picture of the Road Agent in a magazine which showed Roth working on it. It appeared the starter location was also un workable.

Gary Swiatowy