<VV> Top block cover bearing

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Thu Oct 6 19:55:58 EDT 2011

  Next project came quicker than I would have liked. The top blower bearing is
giveing way fast and cant wait till winter so I must change it out now. The
engine is a 62 FC engine with the 16 vain style fan that appears to be stock for
that vintage engine. I have a 64 FC block that has the 11 vain 5/8 dia. shaft
with the smaller hub and belt pully hole dia. that I may like to use seeing as I
am going to purchase a reconditioned assembly. Can I use this assembly with the
62 turkey roaster that is currently on the engine or does the 64 and newer 11
fin fan use a different top shroud? I also have a 65 top cover assembly that has
the 3/4 dia. bearing hub. Is one, 64 or 65/69 bearing any better than the other?
If so I may want to use the 65/69 assembly. Need input here so I can order the
best bearing assembly in the morning. Thanks. Seems like one project works right
into another without any rest.
Pete Inman
61 Rampside

 Top shroud doesn't car which fan...go for it..

The 16 blade is great if you haul loads all the time in HOT  climates...

The 64-9  will work fine for 95%  of the loads...

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages