<VV> Top block cover bearing

PETER INMAN monza1965 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 19:52:52 EDT 2011

Got the gas heater working good on bench and have installed it into Rampside. Not something I want to do often. I have learned a lot. Project is on hold intill the material to fab exhaust pipe gets here next week. After all final checks installed I will put the radio and glove box back in.
  Next project came quicker than I would have liked. The top blower bearing is giveing way fast and cant wait till winter so I must change it out now. The engine is a 62 FC engine with the 16 vain style fan that appears to be stock for that vintage engine. I have a 64 FC block that has the 11 vain 5/8 dia. shaft with the smaller hub and belt pully hole dia. that I may like to use seeing as I am going to purchase a reconditioned assembly. Can I use this assembly with the 62 turkey roaster that is currently on the engine or does the 64 and newer 11 fin fan use a different top shroud? I also have a 65 top cover assembly that has the 3/4 dia. bearing hub. Is one, 64 or 65/69 bearing any better than the other? If so I may want to use the 65/69 assembly. Need input here so I can order the best bearing assembly in the morning. Thanks. Seems like one project works right into another without any rest.
Pete Inman
61 Rampside