<VV> Barn ~ and swamp ~ Finds

Charles Lee chaz at properproper.com
Sat Oct 8 15:28:08 EDT 2011

The Spyder convertible that I didn't tow home had been advertized as "mint"
and "drivable" as well as having wire wheels, which it did in fact have and
was my immediate attraction, but the wheels were so rusted as to be
worthless.  The tires would not even hold air !

If the wheels were any good at all it would have made the trip worthwhile,
but alas ...

I was very specific that I planned to ***DRIVE*** it **600 miles** back home
to emphasize the condition of the car being what he advertized!

It had years of concrete dust crusted on it from the nearby concrete
processing plant, and was cemented into the swamp !

He said it was "rust free" under intense telephone interrogation to prevent
this "misunderstanding"!

The rust went from the headlights to the windshield on all 4 corners, and
there were NO floors!

I just stared at the owner and could not hold back saying "What in the
@#@#&% blazed made you think this car was remotely salvageable, much less
drivable enough to make the 600 miles back home to New York ?!?!?!?!?"

I drove home with an empty, rented trailer, in total disbelief!  Aarrgghh!

Together with my experiences of "vehicular homicide" it's no wonder I'm a
tad skeptical of some people's language skills !  What definition of "mint"
or "drivable" escape some people ?

Live and learn (I should be perfect by now !)

Charlie