<VV> FW: Barn ~ and swamp ~ Finds

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Mon Oct 10 22:15:13 EDT 2011

When I lived in Albuquerque and had just bought a driver 61 Lakewood and
found an ad on the internet for a total rust bucket 61 Lakewood in Lost
Causes, NM for $1.00.  I had a car trailer so it only cost me my gas so I
bought it.  It actually wasn't as bad as he described.  All the glass other
than the windshield was great.  The liftgate hinge cover was also in good
condition.  There were no floors or rockers so I didn't feel bad taking the
parts I wanted and scrapping the rest.
One treasure was the chrome handle that opened the panel so you could check
the oil.  On a 0 to 100 scale after a little TLC it was a 90.  That one part
was worth the trip.
Dollar for dollar it was probably the best Corvair deal I ever made.

dp