<VV> 66 SAGINAW 4 SPD? TRANSAXLE F/S

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Fri Oct 14 19:06:57 EDT 2011

The NOS crossmember is sold.
now i have a dirty , unknown saginaw transaxle in my way. not sure of
ratio, but i believe it came with a bad RB motor i have here  (66 corsa 140  had
bad piston ) and has been stored @30 years or more. it has the backup light
 switch on it , and 2 connectors with it. it has input shaft and  throwout
fork , but no bearing.The  sleeve looks good. the axle stubs are in  it.
If you are interested , this also MUST be cash , and picked up here in
Memphis NY. I can not lift it alone.
I will throw in a slightly rusty pressure plate , disk , and flywheel  .
by putting the shaft in and spinning it feels smooth . the shaft has rust
on the pilot surface , i can probably clean it ok to use  on the wire
wheel. .the bolt on the side for linkage is broken off , i happen to have a
brand new one to put with it.
I think $250.00 as is where is , is a fair price for both of us. if not
sold soon , it goes back under the shelves until i get time to clean it and
really look it over properly , for more money. i will take pictures later.
regards, Tim Colson    cleaning out!  (wait until you  see the next finds!)