<VV> Oil Filter Leak

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sun Oct 16 16:38:03 EDT 2011

"...I cannot get a good seal with the oil filter on my 1965 Corsa 140hp
engine.  Always use a new Clarks Filter and new gasket but it leaks.   I have
checked the surface on the filter housing where the bolt is and it is
smooth, no grooves. Do any of you have some tips?..."

I have been buying "stuff" from Cal since he was working off his kitchen
table, circa 1973. He has a lot of great stuff; however, though I've tried
everything (i.e.: checking the sealing surfaces, torquing to  spec,
re-torquing, etc.) to get his oil filter to reliably seal, I've been  unsuccessful
(perhaps I'm just stupid). I now use the Corvair filter from NAPA  "Gold", #
1038 (I believe Wix makes it for NAPA), and no longer have oil  filter leak
issues (I guess NAPA filters are made for us dummies, but, really,  how hard
should changing a filter really be?).

Mike Mauro
67 factory air coupe
64 Greenbrier (currently on Ebay and for sale, Item number: 320771208896,
last two hours)