<VV> Oil Filter Leak

DTerry8123 at aol.com DTerry8123 at aol.com
Sun Oct 16 20:00:19 EDT 2011

Does anyone know if Clark's is aware of these problems. I've used at least
4 of these and so far so good.

Dan Terry
1965 Corsa 140 coupe

In a message dated 10/16/2011 5:34:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
wfcc at mediacombb.net writes:

I wasn't  going to bring this up again, but seeing as how someone else
did......
We  went camping in UV 338 this weekend and I thought I would check the
fluid  levels before the trip, When I lifted the engine cover, there was oil
everywhere ! Started it up and climbed back there with a flashlight and I
could see oil running down the side of the C47C filter-didn't appear to be
coming from the gasket area, but lower, around the rolled seam. replaced it
with an AC PF4 and all is dry again in UltraLand. Now I have to get in there
and clean up the normally spotless engine compartment.  (Slight  <GGG>)
Now what do I do with the stack of C47C's in the cabinet  ?

Ed Lindsay
Ultra's  338/407
66 A/C Corsa
66 283 Crown
Minnie Moore

----- Original  Message -----
From: Mikeamauro at aol.com

"...I cannot get a good seal  with the oil filter on my 1965 Corsa 140hp
engine.  Always use  a new Clarks Filter and new gasket but it leaks.   I
have
checked the surface on the filter housing where the bolt is and it  is
smooth, no grooves. Do any of you have some tips?..."

I  have been buying "stuff" from Cal since he was working off his kitchen
table, circa 1973. He has a lot of great stuff; however, though I've  tried

everything (i.e.: checking the sealing surfaces, torquing  to  spec,
re-torquing, etc.) to get his oil filter to reliably seal,  I've been
unsuccessful
(perhaps I'm just stupid). I now use the  Corvair filter from NAPA  "Gold",
#
1038 (I believe Wix makes it for  NAPA), and no longer have oil  filter
leak
issues (I guess NAPA  filters are made for us dummies, but, really,  how
hard
should  changing a filter really be?).

Mike  Mauro

the  property