<VV> Oil Filter Leak

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 20:37:49 EDT 2011

I've been using Clark's filters on all my Corvairs for the past 10 years.
The most recent one leaked when installed.  I tightened it a little and it
sealed up, but maybe two thousand miles later it is leaking again.  The
worst part is that I'm using AmsOil, so I feel like it's leaking pure gold
=P

I've got one more on the shelf, gonna remove the leaking one, inspect the
engine adapter carefully, then install the new filter and see if it leaks.

I absolutely love Clarks, they've got incredible customer service, radically
improved their "online catalog" in recent years, and Cal even spent probably
15 minutes or more walking me through solving a problem (on the phone) I had
in my early days of Corvairing when I'd hardly bought anything from them
yet.  I've since spent several thousand with them =)   I've got no hard
feelings, these things can happen to anybody but I hope the filters are
fixed soon!

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA