<VV> Oil Filter Leak

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sun Oct 16 21:25:26 EDT 2011

"...Believe there was a recent article by Larry Claypool (lclc)  addressing
this issue in a recent Communiqu?.  Don't you folks read?   Something about
Clark's filter not fitting every housing adapter  ..."

Well, starting back in 1972, when I first started with Corvairs,  the AC
PF-4 fit all my Corvairs without leaking; as did all the, then, current  day
aftermarket filters. From 1960, through 1969, other than changing the  angle
of the generator vs alternator mounting boss, the oil filter mounting
configuration remained identical year-to-year. Ditto for the AC angle  adaptor...
the sealing surfaces have the same engineering features as the  non-air
conditioned filter adaptor. Any filter, intended for Corvair use, should  fit
and not leak when installed with reasonable care. After 39 years, I believe
I can change a Corvair filter.

Cheers!
Mike Mauro