<VV> Wheel studs for IROC-Z wheels on a Vair

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Oct 17 00:00:30 EDT 2011

I just did this on the 67 sedan autocross loaner car that I bought Firebird wheels for.

See: http://autoxer.skiblack.com/irocwheel.html

I just replaced the rear studs, the front were long enough. I used the Dorman part number listed. Different flaps use a slight variation in that part number due to different packaging. See the Dorman web site for the different equivalent numbers. Continue to use the 7/16-20 dimension.

I did buy the Mcguard lug nuts listed in the article.

No problem hammering out the 10 studs and using a cordless pact to pull the new studs in place. I used an old lug nut to hammer upon to remove and a different old lugnut to install.

Frank DuVal