<VV> pitman arm bushing slop

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Mon Oct 17 21:34:12 EDT 2011

I have a question: When I went to install a nylon pitman arm bushing because it had a lot of slop, I got a surprise.  Someone before me allready replaced it with a nylon one.  Now the rub: the new bushing fit loosely in the old metal bushing shell.  I temporarily fixed it by installing a shim from the wall of a pop can to take up most of the slop.   What do I need to do to fix it right ?  Replace the old shell with a whole new rubber one and wait until it pukes to use the nylon one?

Ideas and opinions solicited.

Thank you.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook

'65 monza 4dr 110/pg