<VV> Ball Joints on late Models ?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Oct 18 16:46:50 EDT 2011

I have a 66 Monza and not sure if the ball joints have ever been replaced, my
question to the group is there any data that notes the "uppers joints" being
more prone to failure than the lower joints? I need to check them on my car and
I appreciate the fact they should replaced since that could be 45 years old,
however I don't want to change out  part that is still good and has some life
left in it.

Any comments regarding this topic is welcomed, along with any tips for a simple
removal and install process is welcomed too.

Rich

No different than any other 60'sGM car....  Lowers are the first to go..

age has nothing to do with it....  they are metal!!

Just place a floorjack under the lower shock mount area and raise the wheel 1"  off the ground...

This takes the tension off!  After you are SURE there's no slop in the wheel bearing....

you can find any slop in the upper or lower BJ..

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages