<VV> Thank you JR, I was getting lonely ...

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Mon Oct 24 18:52:42 EDT 2011

At 06:13 PM 10/23/2011, you wrote:
>Message: 1
>Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 19:33:41 -0500
>From: "J R Read" <hmlinc at sbcglobal.net>
>Subject: Re: <VV> LM turbos and no lower shrouds
>To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
>
>I put the shrouds on (been off 15 years) this past spring.  This is a 140
>and I'm not afraid to use the skinny pedal and open up the secondaries.
>
>While I had partial heat without the shrouds, I now have very good heat
>whenever I want it and defrosters on cool - damp mornings.  I hardly ever
>need to turn the heater fan on (except for defrost situations - rare) and
>engine warm-ups are much quicker as well.  Head temp typically stays just
>below 300 at highway cruise and practically never gets above 325 - even on
>long up hill runs (we do have SOME hills in IL).
>
>What was the cost in terms of head temp?  Around 15 degrees warmer and well
>in the safe range.
>
>Later, JR

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

For pictures:  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

(You can see why we love this state :-) )