<VV> LM turbos and no lower shrouds

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Mon Oct 24 20:36:30 EDT 2011

I doubt it, but close.  A lot of similar trucks to mine seem to do
around 13 at 100 or so.  Some of the crazier street trucks are 12
seconds at 110.  One 7.3 Powerstroke I read about did 12.2 seconds at
110.  It actually uses the same tuner (Edge) I do.  I also piggyback
a Western Diesel flip chip.  These are street trucks and can still
pull a trailer.  Mine is really intended for towing at least 8,000
lbs, sometimes12,000 lbs.  Up 6% grades with A/C and at speed limit of 75.

http://www.thedieselpage.com/features/edgeweekend.htm

Also, will that relatively stock car with PG may do a 12 second 1/4
mile, it won't exceed 130 mph I would guess he is geared low.  And,
if he is really getting those times he is noplace near stock.  I have
period articles on my 62 PG sedan (which should not be much different
than a coupe) and it was more than 20 seconds 0-60 with a PG ... in
fact to get 1/4 mile times of 12 seconds you pretty much have to
exceed 100 mph which is not a Corvair's forte ... maybe not possible with a PG.

The new factory 6.7 Powerstroke is 400 hp and 8000 lbs/ft from the
factory -- easily modified to 50% more than that -- yowzaa!

Some day I will find out!