<VV> LM turbo AKA "kumquat"

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Oct 24 22:55:17 EDT 2011

I think we are talking peaches and kumquats here.  Driving a turbo on most
public road you could never keep your foot in the turbo long enough to
overheat the motor.  Put that same car on Talladega, where you could keep
your foot on the floor for lap after lap and a stock cooling system would
probably melt a turbo motor with a stock cooling system.

dp

 Dennis is soo right!

I luckily had the opportunity  to use a deserted 15 mile stretch with only 3 doglegs.

Bottom line....

 32 mm Weber  with 95 hp heads.  Knock sensor-eliminator [ -12 deg. all cylinders ]    29 Deg. BTDC  under boost with ping detected
Thrush  straight through muffler.  Exhaust wrapped.  Front of engine lid raised 3"  and custom rear  "exhaust duct" replacing rear grill
[ see attached pic]
 Seven attempts at these temps  before success.

25F   air temps at 4500 ft. elevation.   138 mph  was the top speed attained with called speedo,   and held for approx. 13 miles.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages