<VV> LM turbo's and no lower shrouds

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Tue Oct 25 14:45:20 EDT 2011

When you come visit, come see me.  I am in Camp Verde which is also
in the Verde Valley.  I have run up Oak Creek Canyon many times as my
brother lives in Flag and that is a fun way to go.  But running to
Flag on I-17 when it is 105 out in Sedona, going up that first grade
out of the Verde Valley, that is pushing it.  I drove up there in my
Spyder in the summer a lot because when I got to Flag I could enjoy
the top down when it was cooler than the VV.  But I doubt there are
harder runs than I-17 to Flag when it is hot, or Oak Creek Canyon
when it is free of tourist and you run it hard.  I never run under
the 75 mph speed limit :-)  That and the Black Canyon City north part
of I-17 are the hardest as measured by how hard it is to pull 10,000
lbs trailers up the grades at 75 -- in fact that is my benchmark for
the truck.  Black Canyon is even hotter as a rule and I made a few
runs up that too mostly in the 65 turbo convertible.  Both are
sustained steep hot grades, on boost a lot of the time, and if you
can't overheat there ...

At 06:36 PM 10/24/2011, virtualvairs-request at corvair.org wrote:
>Message: 2
>Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 21:02:55 -0400 (EDT)
>From: ScottyGrover at aol.com
>Subject: Re: <VV> LM turbo's and no lower shrouds
>To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
>
>Arizona is a large state with a  much-varied climate.  If you are  at about
>1000' elevation in Phoenix with summer temperatures over 100 degrees  for
>more of the year than not, that's one temp. problem someone might have to
>face, but if you're at 7000"at Flagstaff, that's another story (reasonable
>cool  summers, long-john winters.)  Of course if you're living a
>Cottonwood or
>Jerome or maybe Sedona, and have to travel up highway 89A through Oak Creek
>  Canyon with the 2000'+ climb up Birthday Cake Mountain, you'd put a load
>on your  turbo that might heat your engine considerably.
>
>Scotty from Hollyweird (former resident of Phoenix with a mother  living in
>the Sedona area)

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

For pictures:  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

(You can see why we love this state :-) )