<VV> Valve cover racer

dcastiaux at aol.com dcastiaux at aol.com
Tue Oct 25 16:49:03 EDT 2011

To Guy... When I started building my racer I wanted to use CD's for wheels. I spent 2 hours in a ACE hardware store looking for something to fit the CD hole and have  a small hole for the axle. I've never found anything that would work with a darn. Some of the folks have machining capabilities and have manufactured their own hubs. Something you can do is get some old computer hard drives and disassemble them and use the disc with bearings already installed they work great!  Another good wheel set up is skate board wheels sliced in half with only one bearing installed, instead of two. You can buy all kinds of skate board wheels on ebay or try Wal Mart. Hope this helps, I would like to see many more creative valve cover racers out there....it's a blast....have fun!!!!     David in OKC