<VV> LM turbos and no lower shrouds / TEMP-Warning light

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Tue Oct 25 17:35:42 EDT 2011

Really -- 475!?  At least I get to learn something on this board!  My
switch is probably original on that car, got it with 28k miles a few
years back.  I don't mind, I drive slow and easy enough it never
comes on.  I've always depended on the oil temp gauge anyway and I
like to keep it in the 270 range.  Even with the Judson it is not
exactly a rocket ship.  The big Weber helps ... this one has been my
toy for non-stock although Judson never recommended the shrouds be removed.

That car is actually for sale (with lower shrouds included):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649&item=230690941127&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

At 02:25 PM 10/25/2011, you wrote:
>From: Matt Nall <patiomatt at aol.com>
>Subject: Re: <VV> LM turbos and no lower shrouds / TEMP-Warning light
>To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
>

>  The idiot light on the Corvair comes on over 280, maybe 290, or so.

>   Eric,  the snap switch DECAYS [ comes on at a lower and lower
> temp]  with age....  buy a new one..
>

>N/A  2 carb engines are 475F
>

>Turbo and 4 carb Corsa's are at 525F  or 575F

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

For pictures:  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

(You can see why we love this state :-) )