<VV> Fwd: DULL Cars WAS LM turbos and no lower shrouds [no Corvair]

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Wed Oct 26 08:34:27 EDT 2011

I well understand vehicles that challenge one's driving ability ... and there is nothing dull about driving them.  While I was actually referring to factory built 'mussel' cars, that 55 Chevy is the same sort of thing.  But it, and the Corvair are more alike than one might think!  The strong suite of the '55 is obviously linear acceleration; the strong suite of the Corvair is lateral acceleration!   Either one, in the hands of a skilled driver, will take one closer to the edge than almost anything available today and provide plenty of excitement getting there.

Of course, the average cars of today can be fast enough to provide plenty of excitement to the less than skilled driver.  But their excitement comes in getting close to THEIR edge, not the car's edge.  They might as well be sitting in the stands watching the real action.  Those individuals are not likely going to be taking the checkered flag in any skill required events.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.