<VV> DULL Cars?? [ some Corvair]

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Wed Oct 26 09:32:53 EDT 2011

> From: Matt Nall <patiomatt at aol.com>
> Date: October 25, 2011 9:30:48 PM EDT
> To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
> Subject: Re: <VV> DULL Cars?? [ no Corvair]
>
> I think Ken  just finished watching Cars2  for the 1400th time?

:-))  Have not yet seen it but I can hardly wait!

> NEW  Performance cars are phenomenal!

Well, the real performance cars are ... and that is for sure.  So are the prices!  Back in the day anyone could order that kind of performance [relatively speaking] right out of Detroit [wherever that may be now] on a working man's paycheck.  Not so today and that is really a shame, and a loss, because today's performance engineering developments can be traced back to the members of SEMA.  It is really a shame that Corvair got left behind by the speciality manufacturers when one considers where it could have been today.

> I just hope in 20 more years we'll be saying the same thing!

Not likely.  Even NASCAR has been pulling the performance 'teeth' out of racing; holding back development in favor of making everyone the same.  On the other side of the coin, maybe we will be saying the same thing ... while watching the Elite Class have all the fun.

> Hey Ken.....  will your 60's  sticky tired Machine do this?
> SEE PIC
>

> Matt Nall
> Charleston, Oregon
> http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
> http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages

Now that is a goooooood one :-)
But, those old timers would have satan hanging on for dear life :-)

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.