<VV> GWFBT&SM and Palm Springs sighting

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Wed Oct 26 16:05:31 EDT 2011

Well, I can check one off my bucket list.  I finally made it to the
Fanbelt Toss!  Had a great time and fell in love with Palm Springs, at  least Palm
Springs in late October.  Kudos to the folks at Corsa West for a  great
event.  I also had the honor and privilege, at long last, of meeting  Bob Helt.
 He's very kind and generous and the consummate gentleman,  something I
long suspected but now know first hand.

I stayed in town a few extra days to visit friends and sight see and one of
 the sights I saw was a Corvair still plying the streets of Palm Springs a
couple  of days after the event.  It was a very nice white '63 convertible
with a  black interior and California vanity plates reading; "Nader 2."  Any
idea  whose car that is?  Sorry I never caught up to introduce myself to the
 driver since I'm a big '63 fan and it looked like a very nice example.

~Bill Stanley