<VV> A Real Blast WAS DULL Cars (no Corvair)

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 17:25:34 EDT 2011

If you try to run with a modern "fast" jap crap car with a muscle car you
are in for a surprise!  There are two FOUR DOOR japanese cars that will
pretty much blow the doors off almost any "muscle car" from the 60's or
70's.  The cars I'm referring to are the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, and
the Subaru WRX STi.  The Evo has been shown to run low to mid 13 second
quarter mile times BONE STOCK, and the Subaru comes in in the mid to high
12's bone stock.  These are FOUR door cars that very handily do double duty
as a grocery getter/family car.

Compare that to 14.4 seconds for a 69 GTO Judge, 70 Chevelle SS LS6 at 13.7,
and a 70 Hemi Cuda at 14 seconds.
They also hold a turn better than a 67 Cobra if I'm not mistaken.

However let it be known that if somebody gave me one I'd sell it on the spot
and buy a couple more Corvairs!

Ray "Grymm" R.
Lake Ariel, PA

<< Some of the new cars are pretty fast ... even some of the Jap Crap. *At
least they think so until they come up against an old mussel car* with
modern sticky tires.