<VV> early/late cooling fan swap?

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 01:39:58 EDT 2011

Hiya all,

     I've currently got the top cover off the 63 102/PG car to install new
gaskets.  I'm hoping this was the source of the remaining major oil leak...
I think it was probably the base of the PCV tube now that I can see where
the oil is laying (all over the tops of the passenger side jugs, drivers
side is dry).  I've already done the push rod tubes (viton), oil pan gasket,
and valve cover gaskets.

     The bearing on the 63 top housing is questionable and I think the extra
(late model) one I have seems pretty good.  I was also considering swapping
on my extra magnesium fan.  So the question is whether or not it's ok to
install a late model top cover, bearing, and fan and use that setup with the
63 top shroud (turkey roaster)?  Is the early shroud the same as the late
shroud?

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA